Hypnotize yourself into quitting smoking
The fact remains that it is extremely frustrating and difficult to end addictions and vices. No matter how hard you may seem to try, these cravings return to your life. If smoking is one of the addictions that you want to end, but cannot seem to gather the will power or stopped for a few days to again succumb to the temptation, it is time to turn towards parallel therapies and say goodbye to cigarettes.
To see the effect of hypnotism working for you, you do not need to be a magician or have a spiritual bent of mind. Just taking professional help from a hypnotherapist can do wonders if you are determined to quit smoking. Apart from taking sessions to stop smoking, you can utilize self-hypnosis and be amazed with the results.
Hypnosis for quitting smoking allows people to change their thought process in the subconscious mind in order to remove all negative behavioral traits. Using this method, you can simply bypass your conscious mind and reach out to the subconscious mind to make changes in your behavior.
Self-hypnosis can become more effective after a hypnotic session with a clinical hypnotist as it does wonders for your confidence and increases the chances of success. Before starting self-hypnosis, you must first get a grip on the process as it is only then that you will be able to get substantial results from this technique. The following instructions for self-hypnotizing can help you in quitting smoking:
- First choose a quiet place for this process. The place should ideally be pleasant and peaceful.
- Sit comfortably on the chair or simply lay on your back.
- Close your eyes and relax properly. Systematically tense and relax your face, arms, and rest of the body to release any tensions.
- De-clutter your mind from all thoughts that are hovering around and try focusing on your breathing. Control your breathing, and take deep breathes.
- Think of a bright yet gentle light scanning through your body from head to toe. This will end the traces of anxiety or stress that might be there in your mind and body.
- Once you are fully relaxed and ready for getting suggestions, start imagining the situation when you will receive accolades for quitting smoking. You can use audio scripts to help you reinforce the thought under self-hypnosis. Once you have successfully done with this step, your subconscious mind will do the rest.
- Imagine the complete scene. The energy and excitement that you would gather from this process will remain with you and help you in restraining from smoking.
- Other than that you can give yourself suggestions that reinforce the thought that smoking is bad and needs to end.
Tags: hypnosis to quit smoking